Have you ever noticed that some people in your life do not seem to change. Nearly every time you have an interaction with them it tends to be negative, whether it is directed at you or someone else? There are abusive personality types and it is helpful to identify these abusive traits so that you can stay away from them.
Here are a few abusive traits that you can be mindful of so that you can begin to set some boundaries with them.
- Always right or never admits any wrong doing
- Uses public humiliation as a form of punishment or control
- Needles you or others (pokes at you with upsetting comments until you react then they flip it on you that you are "angry" or "crazy"
- Doesn't listen
- Withholds emotion if you express a need or a want
- Does not acknowledge your efforts
- Is critical of what you do
- Over steps boundaries and does not respect when you try to set boundaries
- Smears your name to other people (talks badly about to you the people you care about)
- Lies to you and to others with no remorse
- Apologizes for how you feel, instead of what they did wrong
- Blames, has zero accountability
Take care everyone, I hope that you take inventory of the relationships you have in your life and of the way they make you feel. Thanks for reading!